Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Madame Tussauds Wizard of Oz Experience

So I thought I would start off this blog by talking about the Madame Tussauds Wizard of Oz Experience which I attended in November.  This experience was such a great one.  You first come to a display of the Yellow Brick Road leading to the Emerald City and none other than a wax figure of 16year old Judy Garland herself dressed in the famous Dorothy Gale costume.  The figure is beautiful and so life like.  All of the guests are taking pictures and under all of the hustle and bustle of people you hear a compilation of instrumental versions of a few of the different songs from the movie.  The wait in this area is not too long and soon after arriving the doors to the 4D theater opened and we were all let in to watch the Wizard of Oz Experience in 4D.  It was basically a condensed version of the movie with some great effects such as feeling the tornado, the smoke coming out of from screen when the Wicked Witch disappeared and bubbles coming out whenever Glinda arrived.  This experience, though it was short, was a great one and I hope everyone else who got to see it enjoyed it as much as I did.  I was lucky enough to see it on its last day running and I feel so lucky for that.  This is one Oz experience I will not forget. 

If you want to watch the vlog I did after going to the exhibit click here

1 comment:

  1. I love those 4D experience things. They never last long enough though!

    ReplyDelete